Anyone who is working in food production, packaging, or processing job, they should know about surfaces that touch food are called.
Do you know how the surfaces come in contact with you? If you have no answer to it, let’s go with us, try to find out the right solution to it.
Many of us daily search what surfaces are that touch food are called? Or why should surfaces that touch food be sanitized? Most of the times, they aren’t able to get the right answer about them.
From this point, we have decided to talk about it with you. This sharing piece of writing will inform you to understand Food Contact Surface and significant of sanitized.
What surfaces that touch food are called?
It calls “Food Contact Surfaces”. Surfaces generally will come in contact with the menu at the time of food processing, packaging or preparation for food safety. How?
Most of the knives, utensils, cutting boards, stockpots, and other materials you are using food contact surfaces. Plates, spoons, glasses, tongs and other elements will be the same example.
If you aren’t careful when you will handle them, you can pollute those surfaces. Any surfaces that will touch food should be sanitized.
Why should surfaces that touch food be sanitized?
Food contact surfaces can define as the surfaces that will handle the food. There are two primary purposes to clean and sanitation the food contact surface effectively.
The first topic is to reduce the chance of polluting the utensils or other gadgets during food preparation, serving, or packaging.
The second point is to minimize the possibility of converting diseases creature to the customers.
If the food contact surfaces don’t clean correctly, bacteria will grow the dangerous levels.
Four steps for cleaning plus sanitizing
Let’s the surface:
• keep hygienic
• keep wash
• keep cleanse
• permit to air-dry
When need to sanitize food contact surface
• after using all the utensils
• before packaging
• before food handling
• before food preparation
• after at least 3 hours if the items are always usage
How to sanitize the food contact surfaces
1. Use dish washing machine
Use a dishwasher machine to wash tableware, small kitchen tools, and glassware. The device can clean and sanitize them properly using hot water and chemical as sanitization solution.
The high-temperature machine always uses hot water to clean the tools. 180-degrees Fahrenheit of the device will ensure the food contact surfaces have been germ-free.
Chemical cleaning machine can work with low water temperature at least 160-degrees Fahrenheit to sanitize the items. But most of the time, the temperature depends on the machine’s design and model.
2. Use three-compartment dish washing sinks
For more kitchen items need three-compartments sinks to wash them properly. The compartments are for rinsing, scraping, and soaking all the items while washing them. Go after the below steps to sanitary the food contact surface into the three sinks.
• Use detergent to wash the utensils into the first sink with 110-degrees Fahrenheit.
• Rinse all items in the second sink using clean water or using kitchen sprayer.
• Transfer the items from the second sink into the third sink to plunge them into the hot water. Now it’ll perfectly be prepared with sanitization chemical solution.
• Allow the items to air-dry all sanitization items before storing.
3. Stationary tools
In general, stationary types of equipment manufacturer during providing their items clearly instruct for proper cleaning or sanitizing. For example:
• Unplug all of the tools
• Please take off the removable parts and wash them using hands
• Remove the foods from the surfaces of the tool
• Use a cleaning solution to wash the surfaces of the tools
• Rinse the surfaces of the instrument using clean water
• Clean or sanitize all tools surfaces
• Air-dry the surfaces and then put the unit back all together
To sum up, we think that this article could be covered on surfaces that touch food are called. Though it is not a large piece of writing, it could successfully have disclosed on how to sanitize the food contact surfaces properly